Wednesday, September 18, 2013

WIPWednesday: bookshelf decoration

Several months ago I found this little thing at a thrift shop- very pink, very cutesy, probably intended for a little girl's room. Something about it caught my fancy and I hid it away. I couldn't figure out what I wanted to do with it, but I'd spent a buck on it, so it just gathered dust...


I pulled it out this week to finally let it go. Instead I decided to paint it and decoupage book pages over the front of the letters. Because books are friends!


The pink shows through a little on the letters, but that'll be covered up. I was all ready to finish this project but I didn't have the right book. I'd like to use an old favorite- Wizard of Oz, maybe. I'll check out the little used book shop at the library and see what I can find!

Haven't done much work on last week's WIP. Maybe next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment