Friday, March 15, 2013

Quick & easy craft: Bottle cap magnets!

The other day I felt the need to finish something. I have so many interrupted projects and my stash of stuff is getting out of control. Who am kidding? It's been out of control for a while now.

I had saved several colorful bottle caps from beer and soda bottles with the idea of making magnets. I don't know why I didn't do this ages ago... it was so easy, and the accomplishment of actually finishing a project (albeit a small one) was really rewarding.



Nice and colorful! They look great on the fridge. The magnets I had on hand weren't quite thick enough to overcome the depth of the bottle caps, so I glued a couple layers of felt in under each magnet. You can see this best below with the red felt on the right. 


A hot glue gun would probably work but I don't have one (le gasp! a crafter without a glue gun?!). E-6000 did the trick! If you decide to make some and you're using a glue that requires a little time to set, like I did, MAKE SURE you don't put your bottlecaps too close together because the magnets will attract, as magnets do, and this can screw up your glue job if it's still wet.

Linking up again with Happy Kid's Inc's Bloglovin' Blog Hop again! Meg's blog hop has really grown- last week she broke fifty link-ups and this week it looks like she'll break a hundred!

Happy Kids, Inc

You can follow me on Bloglovin' here.

Have a great weekend, everyone! Tonight is my Sunday night- I had a rare two days off in a row, but I have to go in extra early to run a birthday rental tomorrow. What fun. Maybe I'll splurge on some Starbucks... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment