Monday, October 1, 2012

October + NaBloWriMo + a work in progress!

Hooray, October is here! That means Indian summer is in full swing out here... it's supposed to hit 103 degrees today- yikes! That ALSO means that NaBloWriMo is here. The official prompt is to give yourself an introduction, and I don't have a functioning "about me" page yet, so here are some factoids about me:


  • I am a huge D&D playing, Stargate/Star Trek/Star Wars loving, always-reading kind of nerd. 
  • I am engaged to the sweetest, handsomest, silliest, nerdiest boy I have ever met.
  • I love love love upcycling. Most of my craft projects somehow involve taking old stuff and making it into new stuff... like these cards I made with an old book.
  • I have a degree in international relations but I haven't found a "real" job yet, so for now I'm a manager at a small movie theater that serves beer, wine, and real food. And popcorn, too.
  • I. LOVE. CATS. I celebrate them every Saturday with my Caturday series. (Don't worry, I don't celebrate Caturday in the "traditional" internet fashion of lolcats.) I wish wish wish I could have a kitty, but our apartment is too small and we'd have to pay pet rent. 
  • I prefer to buy things second hand. Good for my wallet, good for the earth, good for what ever non-profit runs the thrift shop!
  • I live in the East Bay in CA and I love it!
Seven is enough, right? 

I also want to share one of my current works-in-progress, since I spent all my time crafting last week and poppyrocket suffered a little as a result.


I'm working on a super chunky baubley sort of bracelet with lots of buttons! It's so much fun. I can't wait to finish it... but I'm out of findings so I've got to go shopping today! I had wanted to go over the weekend but there was absolutely no time and not working on it is killing me.

Hope your October 1st is more fall-ish than mine!!

No comments:

Post a Comment